H.W. Martin (Fencing Contractors) Ltd are seeking a:
Talented, Enthusiastic and Ambitious:
To complement our existing team
Midlands based with travel
Competitive Salary + other Benefits
Ideally, Midlands based, we are looking for an experienced Arborist to undertake a wide range of arboriculture duties including, felling (including mechanicalized felling), pruning, lifting, reducing, pollarding. The post holder will often be required to climb trees and to work at heights as well as undertake groundwork. The post holder will be responsible for safe working for themselves & others and the security of any vehicles/equipment used.
This role is based on a 5 day week, Monday to Friday
Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will:
- Work as a motivated part of a team to undertake all required tree surgery duties related to arboriculture maintenance, renovation works, and improvement projects as required to a high standard and in line with British standards.
- To meet the set targets for performance of the team outputs.
- Where applicable, To operate machinery in a safe manner and strictly in accordance with the Health and Safety executive and the Council’s Health and Safety at Work policies and generic/site specific risk assessments.
- Responsibility for the security, correct usage and care of all machinery, tools and equipment.
- To suggest improvements and changes which can be made in his/her own area of work.
- Complete all written documentation as required
- Relevant industry qualifications; 201(CS30), 202(CS31), 206/306(CS38), 308(CS39), as a minimum
- CSCS/CPCS card an advantage but not essential
- PTS card an advantage but not essential
- Full UK driving license is essential, and preferably with trailer towing capability up to 3,500kg
- Experience in mechanised felling and processing techniques advantageous
- Knowledge of tree inspection, including knowledge of common tree diseases and faults and their potential impact.
- Used to working in an outdoor environment and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
- Understanding of risk assessment and implementing safe working practices.
- Good communication skills
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive attitude towards Health and Safety, industry guidance and technical standards.
- Strong ‘Team-working’ ethic.
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.