The King Group of Companies
Job title: HSEQ Manager
Location: Market Harborough (LE16)
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Additional benefits: Discretionary bonus, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
Join the Forefront of Engineering Innovation at the King Group:
Do you have a passion for engineering, where continuous professional development, learning and growth are integral to your role? Does the idea of working on the worlds most advanced warfare simulation unit, integrating short range air defences onto vehicles, or the next generation of nuclear waste package transporters peak your interest? Do you thrive on mastering complex challenges, taking pride in your work? Do you want to work with a highly capable and agile team where you can excel with the freedom and support to make changes? Are you someone looking to establish roots in a dynamic company, willing to evolve with us and contribute to our collective achievements over the years?
If you answered yes to the above, then we want to hear from you!
Reporting directly to a company director, the successful candidate will be a talented and highly motivated HSEQ Manager. Initially leading the implementation of ISO45001, the successful candidate will take ownership of the quality management system and project quality requirements before implementing ISO14001 and ultimately obtaining Fit For Nuclear certification. Leading a small team, the successful candidate will drive continuous improvement across the businesses within the group.
- An engineering, technical or scientific degree would be a significant advantage however in lieu of formal qualifications significant practical experience within a similar role in the engineering and manufacturing sectors will be considered.
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ Level 6 preferred, with consideration for those holding a NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent.
- IMEA certification is an advantage, but not essential.
- NDT and Coatings inspection qualifications would be an advantage but not essential as the company will fund this for the right candidate.
- Proficient in ISO 9001, 45001, and 14001 Standards. Lead auditor preferred, but training will be provided to enhance these skills if necessary.
- Familiarity of RISQS/Construction Line advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience developing and implementing ISO management systems.
- Conducting internal and external audits, maintaining high standards of quality and safety.
- Confidence and appropriate resource management to prepare material and personnel for upcoming audits, closing out non-conformances in a timely manner.
Technical and Process Skills:
- Strong IT proficiency, especially in utilising complex Excel formulas for effective data and process management.
- Data analysis and reporting with a keen eye for assessing existing processes to identify inefficiencies and proposing improvements.
- Ability to clearly document processes for ease of understanding and implementation, ensuring that they are accessible to all team members.
Interpersonal and Management Skills:
- Excellent communication skills for engaging with key team members to develop improvements in a collaborative environment.
- Proven experience and competence in managing a small team, including effective organization and delegation of workload.
- Competence in multitasking and managing numerous open actions to ensure efficient and timely resolution.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation, capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: