Building Maintenance / Handyperson
Job title: Building Maintenance / Handyperson
Location: Blackwell, Derbyshire (J28, M1)
Hours: 8.00pm to 17.00am Monday to Friday
Salary: Excellent rates of pay
Additional benefits: 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays). Free parking, Employee Support Programme, Life assurance, Pension.
Contract Type: Permanent
The H. W. Martin Group are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
Interested? Then carry on reading below….
We are recruiting for a highly skilled and adaptable Building Maintenance operative for our expanding Group of Companies based at Junction 28, close to the M1. The successful candidate will be responsible for repairs and maintenance to HW Martin properties and estates.
The successful candidate will be a hardworking individual who is flexible in their approach and able to work with minimal supervision, whilst working to strict deadlines.
The majority of work required is indoors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To ensure the efficient and effective use of assigned staff and workshop facilities.
- General building & construction maintenance tasks.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with relevant health & safety legislation.
- Assist with planned maintenance across the recycling site in a timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, and parts used.
- To adhere to health and safety, environment, and quality control processes within designated areas.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills required:
- General building & construction skills including painting & decorating skills with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Full driving licence
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: