Commercial Paint Sprayer Apprentice (King Trailers) – 4-day week
The King Group of Companies
Job title: Commercial Paint Sprayer Apprentice (Trailer Manufacturing)
Location: King Trailers, Market Harborough (LE16)
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 07:00 – 16:00, 34 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £6.00 per hour + Outstanding Training + other Benefits
Additional benefits: 27 days holiday (including bank holidays), Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
Due to continued growth, King Trailers are recruiting for a Commercial Paint Sprayer Apprentice to join our team working on trailer production. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is undergoing continued growth of our specialist products. We offer a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a great work life balance as full time hours are worked over 4 days, Monday to Thursday.
The successful candidate will train to become a fully skilled Commercial Paint Sprayer by completing a 2 year Level 3 Advanced Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship through Northampton College on a weekly day release basis, alongside learning on the job to eventually be capable of meeting and performing the following tasks and criteria:
- Preparation, stripping, sanding and masking
- Learning and developing spraying techniques and application onto varied surfaces Spraying using HVLP, Electrostatic and Airless methods.
- Etching and priming areas to be treated
- Colour matching and mixing
- Paint application techniques
- Applying several coats of paint including primer, colours and protective finishes
- Buffing and polishing
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Paint defect corrections
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
- To be considered for this role you will ideally need to have 5 GCSE grades 9-4 (A*- C) including English and Maths
- Committed to attending Northampton College for weekly day release learning and to completing apprenticeship work.
- Able to travel to Northampton College for day release at the Booth Lane campus (NN3)
- Reliable, punctual and a can do attitude
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria and why you are suitable for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: