Credit Controller – Key Account
Martin Group of Companies
Job title: Credit Controller – Key Account
Location: Blackwell, Derbyshire, (M1 junction 28)
Salary: Dependant on experience
Additional benefits: Discretionary Bonus, Flexitime with core hours. 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension (we pay full 8%), Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance.
Contract Type: Full time 37.5 hours per week. Permanent
The Martin Group of Companies (est. 1976) provides highways, waste recycling, engineering, and fencing and forestry services to central and local government and to large construction companies. With annual sales of over £250 million, a workforce of over 1,300 and eighteen locations across the UK, we are a national business.
This is an active and challenging role that offers the opportunity to join the team at a time of substantial growth and the successful candidate will be integral in implementing procedures to improve collection of amounts due from tier one construction clients.
- Proactively working with your own portfolio of tier one construction clients.
- Monitor and act upon bad, overdue, and high-risk debt.
- Liaise with Directors, Senior commercial managers, and Quantity Surveyors to highlight problem accounts and recommend actions to be taken to resolve problems.
- Work closely with quantity surveyors to ensure contractual procedures are being adhered to and maintain detailed work in progress reports to track applied and certified amounts.
- Attend monthly meetings with key individuals to address and resolve active issues with debt collection.
- Liaise with in house solicitor to manage problematic accounts and progress to legal claims as necessary.
- Support internal and external auditors and supply documentation as required.
- Experience of credit control and debt collection.
- A knowledge of Quantity Surveying processes within the construction industry with an understanding of how the application and certification process works.
- Experience of CIS and Reverse VAT legislation would be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail, administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills especially with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to pick up numerous industry specific accountancy packages.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- High degree of fluency and accuracy in written and spoken English
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion, and ambition to learn and develop.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: