We are opening a brand new depot in Witham, Essex.
We are looking for eager, courteous, motivated and experienced IPV Foremen to join our team there.
Our business relies on our ability to get from A to B quickly, and to do this we need experienced, professional drivers who embrace their responsibilities. They also play an essential role ensuring activities run smoothly and our team’s achieve their objectives. This makes IPV Foremen critical to our daily operations.
Who are we?
We’re HW Martin (Traffic Management) Ltd, professional, traffic management experts operating across the country. Our vision is to be the ultimate traffic management partner of choice.
We deliver temporary traffic management on behalf of our clients on both high speed and low speed roods. But our service is more than just cones and lights, it’s about:
- Being Safe: Ensuring everyone goes home safe, happy, and healthy every day
- Being Trusted: Working responsibly with integrity and fulfilling our commitments
- Being Agile: Evolving our delivery so we’re always able to respond to the needs of our clients and customers
- Being Progressive: Working collaboratively with other highways professionals to add value and innovate
- Being Sustainable: Embracing diversity of thought and making better choices now to meet the challenges of the future head on
At HW Martin (Traffic Management) Ltd we support each other to succeed and to become the best version of ourselves.
The IPV Foreman Role
As An IPV Foreman…
you will work on a range of traffic management solutions in temporary environments for a range of projects on both motorways and high-speed dual carriageways. You will be accountable for your own, and your teammates’ health, safety and wellbeing and, be empowered to speak up and take ownership of safety on your site.
Your insight from the frontline is crucial for the smooth running of our traffic management schemes, ensuring vehicles are guided safely around roadworks in the safest and most efficient way possible with minimal disruption.
You will work with a crew of likeminded individuals, ensuring everyone carries out their roles safely, and that project objectives are achieved in a timely, high-quality manner that meets the expectations of our clients.
But your role goes beyond cones and signs – you are a leader. The role requires you to build relationships, create accountability and be accountable, inspire others, develop your team, think critically and communicate clearly.
You will also need to be flexible due to the nature of the business. The role may include some night-time and weekend working.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with a good, responsible attitude to work. You must hold a 12A/B Foreman Qualification and have a minimum of 2-years traffic management experience.
You must hold a clean driving license, minimum category C (LGV Class 2) and be free from drugs and alcohol.
You must be ready to embrace your responsibilities as a leader and ally, directly responsible for the engagement of your team. You are compassionate and genuine, and someone who can be relied upon. The ideal candidate is someone who listens to understand and hear their ideas and concerns, to get your team aligned and moving in the same direction.
It pays to be self-assured in this role, with a firm belief in your own abilities and ambition, and a desire to improve and grow as a leader.
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to put in the hard work necessary to get where you and the business want to be.
- Carded to 12A/B Foreman
- Minimum 2 years experience in traffic management
- Clean driving license (minimum category C/LGV Class 2)
- CSCS Card/LANTRA Smart Card
- Free from drugs and alcohol
- Good time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and work independently
- Courteous, positive and motivated
- Flexible approach to working environment and a supportive team member
- Good problem solving and decision-making abilities
As part of our team, you will:
- Act as a first point of contact for the business and work collaboratively with your team to maintain high quality work plans
- Be accountable for installing, maintaining and removing traffic management on high and/or low speed roads
- Make sure your team respond to and deal with any problems that may arise during daily operations (e.g. incursions, incidents, accidents)
- More complex issues to the Traffic Safety Control Officer (TSCO) where applicable or the Senior Leadership Team
- Be responsible for making sure your work is carried out safely, and that you and your teammates are wearing full, correct PPE
- Be accountable for the health, safety and wellbeing of yourself and your teammates
- Ensure you receive a full briefing and are aware of your duties and responsibilities before starting your shift
- Be aware of and proudly carry out your role as an ambassador representing HW Martin (Traffic Management) Ltd and our clients
- Make sure that traffic management is installed in accordance with site-specific drawings or generic drawings
- Maintain accurate digital (and written) records for installations, maintenance, removals, incidents, accidents, start-of-shift briefings, tool box talks and any client documentation required
- Be responsible on a day-to-day basis for driving company vehicles such as 3.5 tonne pick-ups, cars and vans. Plus HGVs if you hold the appropriate license
- Make sure that all traffic management vehicles under your care met the current specifications
- You will ensure all vehicle defect sheets are completed in a timely manner (and any defects are reported promptly)
- You will keep the vehicle, your uniform and PPE clean and tidy
- These items represent the organisation, its clients and members of the public and must give off the right message
- Your vehicle is your office and must be maintained to a high standard to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of you and your team
- You will work in a way that furthers the value and reputation of the business with reference to safety, customer care and high quality service delivery to help us achieve our vision of becoming the ultimate traffic management provider
- Liaise with colleagues, road users and members of public in a courteous and respectful manner.
Why people choose to work for us
We offer our people a career bursting with benefits!
As a Traffic Management Operative, you’ll benefit from continuous professional development, leadership opportunities, job security, full-time hours, uniform and PPE, competitive hourly rates, a non-contributory pension scheme and an exclusive staff discounts and wellbeing portal. Plus, free parking at our depots, an Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance.
You will be joining a team that is like one big family where your contribution makes a difference.
If you like the sound of a career with us, tell us about your experience using our automated form below.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Complete the following form to be kept in the loop about future career opportunities with HW Martin (Traffic Management) Ltd and the HW Martin Group.