HGV Driver Class 2 Driver
Premier Waste Recycling
Job Title: HGV Driver
Location: Premier Waste Recycling, Drum Industrial Estate, Birtley, County Durham
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Due to our increased work load we are looking for candidates to cover either of the following shift patterns – Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday or Monday to Friday (backshift). All shift patterns will include bank holiday working.
Rate of Pay: £12.42 per hour + driver bonus + opportunities for overtime
Additional Benefits: 22 Days Holiday, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
Part of the Martin Group of companies, Premier Waste Recycling are a leading provider of waste management services. With sites in Leeds and Durham, Premier Waste Recycling have the capability to cover West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and the Northeast of England.
Due to our commitment to exceptional customer service, we have quickly established ourselves as a partner of choice for a number of reputable clients in a wide range of sectors and industries.
The position will be based at our site at Birtley, however, drivers may be required to work from other company sites.
Duties will include:
- Safely drive and operate Class 2 RCV/Roll on Roll Off/Skip vehicles. The work involves regular manual labour.
- Transporting recyclable and waste materials to various locations.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Company rules, including Health and Safety, at all times.
Applicants should ideally have
- Experience of waste operations and knowledge of route/area.
- At least 2 years driving experience.
- Hold a full driver CPC qualification and digital tacho card.
- Have no more than 6 points on license.
Applicants must be reliable, trustworthy with good communication skills and a polite and professional manner.
The ideal candidate to have a flexible approach to overtime working to meet our customers requirements.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please either, submit your CV or complete our online operative application form.
For further information or to discuss this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.