H. W. Martin Waste Limited are seeking a HGV Driver (Class 1 or 2) to join our friendly and hardworking team
Job Title: HGV Driver
Location: Alfreton (DE55) to cover the Derbyshire area
Rate of pay: Competitive + Benefits
Hours of work: Full time shift pattern which may include weekend and bank holiday working
Additional Benefits: 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance
Contract Type: Permanent
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with an annual turnover in excess of £223m. H. W. Martin Waste Limited manages a variety of waste and recyclable materials for households and businesses, right across the UK. We are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
We are looking for a HGV Driver (Class 1 or 2) to drive and operate a HGV RORO vehicle, collect from our own sites and dispose of waste at various tipping points.
- Drive and operate HGV vehicle in line with tachograph laws
- Pre inspect vehicle, report any defects in a timely manner for rectification
- Complete relevant paperwork as required by the business and legislation
- Keep the vehicle clean and report any damage in line with company procedure
- HGV Driving Licence
- Driver CPC and Tachograph card
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to work under own initiative
- A reasonable level of competence of the English Language (speaking, reading, and writing) and basic arithmetic.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good communication skills
- A flexible approach
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Competitive rates of pay
- Company pension scheme
- Full training will be given
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role, please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria or complete our on-line operative application form below.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: