Machinist/CNC Apprentice (King Trailers) – 4-day week
The King Group of Companies
Job title: Machinist/CNC Apprentice (Trailer Manufacturing)
Location: King Trailers, Market Harborough (LE16)
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 07:00 – 16:00, 34 hours per week
Rate of Pay: Up to £5.50 per hour + Outstanding Training + other Benefits
Additional benefits: 27 days holiday (including bank holidays), Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
Due to continued growth, King Trailers are recruiting for a Machinist/CNC operator Apprentice to join our team working on trailer production. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is undergoing continued growth of our specialist products. We offer a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a great work life balance as full time hours are worked over 4 days, Monday to Thursday.
We are looking for someone who can be trained and moulded into a fully qualified Machinist/CNC operator, who will eventually be capable of meeting and performing the following tasks and criteria:
- Setting and operating CNC plasma machines, producing components to required tolerances and quality standards.
- Operating Radial drills, Press brakes, Guillotines and other machine tooling.
- Finishing components to the highest quality standards Identifying and recommending programme amendments to improve efficiency and/or quality.
- Carrying out quality checks to ensure components meet the required quality standards. Accurately drilling and fixing parts using hand tools.
- Able to read and translate engineering DXF drawings.
- Good timekeeper and able to work to deadlines.
The successful candidate will be preparing a variety of light, medium and heavy gauge steel within specified tolerances and standards. You will learn to have proficiency with machine tools, including, CHC Plasma cutters, Press Brakes, Guillotines, Drill Machines, Saw Machines, Grinders and Disc cutters. You will learn to understand and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
You will initially be trained in NVQ Level 2 – General Engineering Operative, whereby you will learn a variety of engineering skills. You will then go on to NVQ3 focusing on the CNC/Machining discipline.
You will be preparing the material packs for our fabrication department, reading from engineering drawings for customers such as the military, nuclear and civils contractors. This role will involve working with a variety of sizes and grades of carbon steel.
- To be considered for this role you will ideally need to have GCSE grades 9-3 (A*- D) in English and Maths
- Reliable, punctual and a can do attitude
- An interest in building/constructing/assembling is an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria and why you are suitable for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.