King Trailers Limited are seeking an:
Experienced, Enthusiastic and Committed:
Mechanical Design Engineer
To join our fantastic team
Based at Market Harborough
Competitive Salary + Company Pension + Life Assurance
25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + other Benefits
The King Group of Companies has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and are part of the Martin Group of Companies.
Reporting to the Group Technical Director, the successful candidate will take responsibility for the technical specifications and design for trailers and their ancillary equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working within the Engineering team to provide technical information to other departments to achieve the required specification and quality at best price.
- Ensure all legislative and safety criteria are met and adhered to.
- Producing technical drawings using both 2D and 3D software.
- Producing technical calculations to justify the design and decision-making process
- Playing a major role in new product development, providing support in terms of design, manufacture and ensuring coherence to current legislation.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills required:
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks 3D CAD software.
- Goods vehicle product and supplier knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Good time management skills with an ability to prioritise workload.
- Good technical understanding of an engineering environment.
- Fabrication design experience an advantage.
- Experience of hydraulics, pneumatics and 12/24v electrics systems desirable.
- Ability to develop and produce calculations to justify design.
- Able to work as part of a team and/or on your own initiative.
- Be able to produce technical drawings for manufacture.
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion, and ambition with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to liaise with colleagues and customers using good communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Company Life Assurance
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV or and a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.