Mobile Service Engineer
The King Group of Companies
Job Title: Mobile Service Engineer
Location: Field based to cover the UK
Rate of Pay: £15.00 – £17.50 per hour dependent on experience + On-Call Allowance + Opportunities for Overtime + Company Vehicle & Fuel
Additional Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, paid door to door, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
King Highway Products is the largest operation of its kind, providing vehicles and equipment to the traffic management industry. Due to continued growth, a fantastic new opportunity has arisen to join our Service Division as a Mobile Service Engineer to complement our existing team.
The successful candidate will be home based with a up to date, company-supplied van and will attend various customer site to provide diagnostics, repairs and servicing on specialist Impact Protection Vehicles plus other bespoke vehicles and equipment.
- Responsible for the fault-finding, servicing, repairs, and maintenance of a range of vehicle mounted Traffic Management equipment & trailers predominantly on customers sites.
- Completing preventative maintenance and field modifications.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as completion job/service sheets in a timely manner
- Ensure van is in good working order and fully equipped with tools and supplies at all times.
- Communicate politely and courteously with customers at all levels.
- Keeping up to date with latest industry innovations.
- Work closely with our sales team to highlight additional opportunities for products and services within the designated service territory.
- Liaise with relevant team members to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding damage and recharge to customers.
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
- Experience in 12/24v electrical systems and basic hydraulic repairs.
- Competence in the navigation of circuit diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles preferred but not essential.
- Experience in the repair & maintenance of traffic management equipment preferred but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
- Experience in a similar role
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion, and ambition to learn and develop.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to liaise with colleagues and customers on a professional level, using good communication/interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please either, submit your CV or complete our online operative application form below.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.