H.W. Martin (Fencing Contractors) Ltd are seeking a:
Talented, Enthusiastic and Ambitious:
To join our existing Management Team
We are Hiring in Multiple Locations
North Wales, North West, South West, South East
Competitive Salary + Company Vehicle + Company Pension + other Benefits
The H. W. Martin Group are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to complement our existing Management team.
An active and challenging role that requires an exceptionally organised and proactive individual to manage a significant package of works, have excellent client management skills, be a proficient communicator, and be willing to learn new skills. Further training and development will be tailored to the needs of the successful applicant.
The successful candidate will ensure close liaison with key clients are maintained; operational efficiencies are achieved and will pro-actively identify areas for service improvements at a strategic and operational level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing all aspects of fencing from cradle to grave (scope site, manage construction and hand-over process to client)
- Providing information and assistance to the planner to ensure site documentation is adequate and correct
- Assist the Commercial Manager/QS in the production of estimates
- Manage the daily site Health, Safety Environmental and Quality aspects
- Produce a programme of works for multiple fence locations
- Material management (minimised wastage and reduced theft)
- Arrange and manage 3rd party access to facilitate fencing installation
- Record on site activities on a daily basis to capture installation volumes
- Liaise and cooperate with Network Rail site managers to ensure client satisfaction
Experience and Skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years fencing installation (Palisade, Exmesh, Clipex, Post & Rail)
- Fully conversant with Network Rail standards and procedures with regards to working on or near the line (019) and fencing specifications
- Fully conversant with the interpretation of buried services and the implementation of the permit to break ground process
- Understanding of vegetation management requirements to facilitate fencing installation
- Interpreting site plans and schedules
- Good communicator with all levels and disciplines of staff
- Calm and considerate approach to managing the general public
- Fencing Industry Skills Scheme (FISS) qualification (desirable)
- H&S Management qualification (IOSH or similar) (desirable)
- PTS AC/DC (essential)
- COSS (desirable)
- Capable of using MS Office (word and excel)
- First Aid at work: 3- day (desirable)
- NVQ L2 (or equivalent) in the detection of buried services (essential)
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- 25 days annual leave + Public Holidays
- Fully Paid Company Pension
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Working as part of a great team culture
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing successful business
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with a turnover of c£200m running a fleet of over 200 vehicles. HW Martin (Fencing Contractors) Ltd delivers vegetation management and fencing works across the UK for a wide range of clients including Network Rail and HS2 Ltd.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.