The King Group of Companies
Job Title: Parts Manager
Location: King Highway Products, Market Harborough (LE16)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 08:30 – 17:00
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Additional Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
King Highway Products are the largest operation of their kind, providing vehicles and equipment to the traffic management industry. We are committed to building a talented first-class workforce, providing opportunities for individual growth and development so we can continue to offer the very best service to our customers.
King Highway Products are redeveloping their parts department and are looking for a Parts Manager to take control of the project, drive it forward, and manage it on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will be based at our Market Harborough site and will look after the day-to-day running of the parts department (including the management of the stores for both our Highway and Rail Divisions), working alongside our Parts Controller.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Goods In/Goods Out
- Implementation and management of new processes and procedures
- Supplier management
- Cost Analysis
- Monitoring of KPIs
- Producing monthly reports
- Line management of the Parts Controller
- Experience in a similar role, involving purchasing and sales
- Forklift licence preferred but not essential
- Experience using an electronic parts/ workshop system
- General IT skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Able to liaise with colleagues and customers on a professional level, using strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion, and ambition to learn and develop
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- A strong belief in the importance of excellent customer service
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please either, submit your CV or complete our online operative application form below stating your salary expectations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.