Job title: Purchase Ledger
Location: Blackwell, Derbyshire (J28, M1)
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Additional benefits: Discretionary Bonus, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension (we pay full 8%), Free Parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
About the H. W. Martin Group
The Martin Group of Companies (est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, through a trained and certificated workforce of over 1,200 delivering works and support services from design, through to build and onward maintenance. With a turnover of more than £200m and a fleet of over 500 vehicles we are a major contributor in our fields of expertise.
As a successful and expanding Group of diverse and interesting companies we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our established, hardworking head office team.
Working full time from our head office just off Junction 28 of M1 in Derbyshire. The size of the organisation provides the opportunity for all members of the team to work alongside and communicate with senior management on a day-to-day basis.
A full job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview, but here is a snapshot of the role:
- Accurate data entry on a variety of IT systems
- Balancing purchase ledger accounts, budgets and month end reports.
- Checking statements
- Preparing and running payments.
- Dealing with queries both internally and externally.
- General accounts and administrative work.
- General filing and photocopying.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- You will have a proven ability in this work and have experience of MS excel and word, work well in a team and have a positive approach to your work with potential to take on more responsibilities over time.
- Good verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Excellent IT skills – ability to work on numerous accounting/stock packages as well as a good level of Excel knowledge
- Good communication skills to enable you to question, listen, interpret, and explain concepts to non-finance stakeholders.
- Own transport essential (ample on-site parking available)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.