Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Additional benefits: discretionary bonus, car allowance, 25 days annual leave rising to 28 days after 10 years’ service + Public Holidays, Fully Paid Company Pension, Life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme
H.W. Martin (Traffic Management) Limited are looking for a passionate, experienced, degree-qualified or ‘time served’ Quantity Surveyor to join our National Commercial Team. This position is based at our depot in Mill Place with some hybrid working.
This new opportunity is key to us ensuring the commercial and financial success and growing and maintaining our business in a sustainable and efficient manner that is aligned with the goals of the organisation and achieves our vision.
You will play a crucial role in our business, identifying and managing risks to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients. You will make sure we are fully compliant with company commercial procedures and corporate governance requirements.
You will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of our contracts, negotiating and agreeing contracts and costs, limiting variations, and ensuring monthly valuation and invoicing is on point.
You will support the implementation of our commercial business strategy and be responsible for individual contract performance ensuring we meet our goals.
You will also have the chance to explore new revenue channels and evaluate opportunities to help the company develop its offering sustainably and within the parameters of our procurement procedures, securing our future for the hundreds of people we employ across the country.
You will also work collaboratively with the rest of the Commercial Team, and with our Operational Team to find the most sustainable and efficient data-led solutions possible. You will be required to use communication and persuasive negotiation skills to maintain optimal relationships with our clients and supply chain partners.
- Control monitor and report on commercial performance across Contracts.
- Manage commercial risk on schemes making detailed forecasts and adequate provisions when reporting monthly.
- Manage the client and ensure an excellent working relationship is held.
- Monitor and control the change management systems on contracts ensuring all notifications are issued on time and implementations are received and filed under the NEC timescales.
- Onboarding of Sub subcontractors / suppliers as well as sub subcontractor accounts, interim payments, notices, final accounts, etc.
- Prepare and agree monthly payment applications.
- Monitor payments to ensure we get paid on time.
- Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
- Liaise with the local team to deliver the best commercially lead operational solution in accordance with the tender and Client budget.
- Estimating of future works
- Attending project progress meetings with clients and Project Managers.
- Degree qualified or time served.
- Strong reporting and contract administration skills
- You must hold a valid UK Driving License
- Strong NEC experience (UK-based)
- Proficient in managing multiple, large, complex packages
- Excellent cost control abilities
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills
- Experience in CEMAR (ideal but not essential)
- Commercial risk management
If you like the sound of a career with us, send us a copy of your CV and a short letter detailing why you think you would be a great catch.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.