New Position – Market Harborough
Rail Auto Technician
FULL TIME HOURS OVER 4 DAYS, MON – THURS
An exciting new opportunity has arisen within the King Group of Companies
The King Group of Companies has been providing cost effective transport equipment solutions worldwide for more than 55 years and is part of the Martin Group of Companies. We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible individual who possesses an aptitude to develop practical mechanical skills. Are you a logical thinker with a passion to solve problems? Could you be our next Auto Electrician, ready to join our team, modifying and upgrading road/rail excavators and associated equipment?
Based at Market Harborough (a short walk from the railway station), working over a 4 day per week from 7am to 5pm, which will either be Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday. There is an opportunity for overtime. We are offering a permanent position to expand our department working for a progressive company who are being driven by a new management team.
Your skills and experience:
Ideally you will be joining us from a background where you have applied practical operational skills including mechanical and electrical and you should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Candidates should have experience in Plant and Construction industry. Machine control installation and RCI’s would be an advantage although training will be given.
• Familiarity with heavy equipment, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Be a strong team player who can work collaboratively with teams across the organisation
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• A willingness to share knowledge and build capability in others
• Have a high regard for Health and Safety
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• NVQ level 2 Plant maintenance (or equivalent)
• Plant or HGV based mechanical experience and understanding of machine control products
• Basic understanding of IT
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.