HW Martin Waste Ltd are seeking Shop Assistants to join the team, based at our Re-use Shop at Bolsover Household Waste Recycle Centre
Job Title: Re-use Shop Assistant (2 part time positions available)
Location: Bolsover, Derbyshire (S44)
Rate of pay: Up to £10.90 per hour + benefits
Hours of work: Part time hours over a two week shift pattern as below
- Week 1 = 18 hours – 10am to 4pm, Wednesday – Friday
- Week 2 = 24 hours – 10am to 4pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Week 1 = 24 hours – 10am to 4pm, Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Week 2 = 18 hours – 10am -4pm, Monday, Thursday and Friday
Additional Benefits: 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time hours), Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance
Contract Type: Permanent
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with an annual turnover in excess of £223m in 2022. HW Martin Waste Ltd manages a variety of waste and recyclable materials for households and businesses, right across the UK. We are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
What’s the phrase? One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.
We have a unique opportunity for someone who has a keen eye when it comes to spotting diamonds in the rough. This is a great time to become part of an initiative which is proud to be helping those struggling financially and giving items a second life. Operating from our Bolsover HWRC in Derbyshire, you will be working in a newly opened shop which sells a huge variety of second-hand items. It will be down to you to identify objects which have been left by residents, that, with a bit of a clean-up, could be perfectly suitable to be reused and sold on.
Do you have a keen eye for quality and a passion for contributing to meaningful change? If so this could be just the role for you.
We require enthusiastic and professional Shop Assistants to join our friendly re-use shop team. This incredible opportunity will enable you to sharpen your retail skills while providing opportunities for residents to purchase second-hand items.
Alongside working in the shop, you will also be communicating with customers and ensuring they have a pleasurable shopping experience.
The main duties of this role include:
- Handling card and cash payments
- Recording sales information
- Stocking shelves and rotating stock items
- Maintaining cleanliness of shop
- Opening and locking up the shop
- This role is customer facing so good communication skills are essential.
- Previous experience in a retail setting would be desirable.
- A strong eye for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic IT skills including use of Excel spreadsheets.
- You will have the ability to understand instructions and carry them out and have a be prepared to develop a general understanding of health and safety due to the location of the re-use shop.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for someone with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn. If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role, please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria or complete our on-line operative application form.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: