HW Martin Waste Ltd are seeking an:
Enthusiastic and Ambitious
to join the team, based at our
Milton Keynes site
Up to £11.25 per hour + Enhanced holiday + Benefits
The Martin Group is committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that it can offer the very best service to its customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Site Supervisor to complement our existing team.
As a result of continued investment in our business, this role will be in support of the Site Manager and be responsible for the safe and efficient running of the day to day site operations.
This is a “hands on” role and you must have the ability to work as part of a team. You will need to manage your workload effectively, be comfortable dealing with members of the public, have good people supervision skills. Additional training will be tailored to the needs of the successful candidate which may include training to operate mobile plant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring that safe working practices are observed and Health and Safety legislation adhered to.
- Ensure that appropriate personal protective equipment is issued as required and is always worn by staff.
- Control, co-ordinate and supervise the safe and efficient day-to-day operations of the recycling centre in accordance with the Site licence conditions and Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for making sure that staff are on site at their respective starting times.
- Allocating the resources of the team, against pre-determined plans, to ensure that targets are met.
- Inducting and training new staff, temporary workers and visitors.
- Ensuring that all staff complete their allocated tasks to the standard required within the contract, and that is expected by the Company.
- To remain in contact with the office and/or management and be responsive to operational needs.
- Complete daily paperwork as necessary, ensuring all details are correctly entered and all relevant paperwork is properly filed.
- Responsible for regular scheduled checking of mobile plant. This is to include safety checks, security, accessories including oil, water and battery levels, together with any specialist equipment used on the vehicle. It is also to take account of vehicle cleanliness, damage and is to ensure that the driver vehicle defect reporting system is operating correctly.
- Flexibility required to provide cover for other staff during holidays or sickness.
- Required to take part in investigations and disciplinary or grievance actions in line with the company procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable requests, as deemed necessary.
Experience, qualifications and skills required:
• Good organisational skills and should have experience of, and be prepared to undertake basic administration tasks
• Ideally the successful candidate will have line managed a team of staff and be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate work instructions in a clear manner.
• Experience of working in the Waste Recycling industry would be an advantage but not essential, together with an appreciation of the working environment.
• This role will be customer facing so good communication skills are essential.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual leave + Public Holidays
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Secure employment with a well-established company
- Working as part of a great team culture
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing, successful business
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with an annual turnover in excess of £170m. HW Martin Waste Ltd manages a variety of waste and recyclable materials for households and businesses, right across the UK.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role, please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.