Skilled HGV Nightshift Technician
“THE BEST PAY FOR THE BEST PEOPLE”
Job title: Skilled HGV Nightshift Technician
Location: Blackwell, Derbyshire (J28, M1)
Hours: 8.00pm to 6.00am – 4 nights, Monday to Thursday
Hourly rate: Excellent rates of pay + other benefits + opportunities for overtime
Additional benefits: 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays if they fall on a normal working day, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The H. W. Martin Group are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with a turnover in excess of £180m. The H W Martin group operates a large fleet of vehicles and plant, maintained by our modern extensive workshops at the head office site. We are a DAF parts and service dealership.
Looking for your next opportunity? Then read on, because we are currently looking for a fully skilled HGV Technician to join our amazing and friendly nightshift team to make sure that the best vehicles are back on the road as fast as possible when they require maintenance. You’ll use the most advanced workshop systems with state-of-the-art technology. If you enjoy taking on responsibility, then we’ll give you the freedom to perform diagnostics and to decide how to carry out maintenance and repairs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for fast and accurate diagnoses using diagnostic computers and for choosing the right repair techniques.
- Working independently to maintain and repair vehicles and components.
- Carrying out a range of inspections (MOT, tacho, etc.).
- Providing support and daily mentoring for less experienced technicians.
- Carrying out final checks on work that has been completed.
What we are looking for:
- City & Guilds or a NVQ Level 3 qualification
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship or with equivalent experience
- Able to work to the highest standards
- Fully conversant with the latest repair and maintenance techniques for commercial vehicles and MOT preparation, working on our own varied vehicle fleet plus customers vehicles
- Secure employment working for a long established, successful, expanding Company
- Good rates of pay with opportunities for overtime at enhanced rates
- Opportunity to join the Company pension scheme
- On-going DAF & other makes technical training provided.
- Working as part of a great team culture
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV or use our online Operative Application form below and submit your details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.