H.W. Martin (Plant) Ltd are seeking a:
Talented, Enthusiastic and Ambitious:
SKILLED HGV TECHNICIAN
To complement our existing team
Based at Blackwell, Derbyshire (J28, M1)
Competitive Salary + other Benefits
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with a turnover in excess of c£170m. The H W Martin group operates a large fleet of vehicles and plant, maintained by our modern extensive workshops at the head office site. We are a DAF parts and service dealership.
We are looking for a fully skilled HGV Technician with City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification, who has served a recognised apprenticeship and is capable of working to the highest standards. We are offering you the chance to join a business where the focus is on quality service. The successful candidate should be fully conversant with the latest repair and maintenance techniques for commercial vehicles and MOT preparation, working on our own varied vehicle fleet plus customers vehicles.
This role is based on a Monday to Friday Days and After Shift rota, including Saturday mornings, with overtime and some weekend working required, so a flexible and proactive approach is required. The ability to manage your own workload is essential and you must have 1st class diagnostic skills.
As an HGV Technician you will be based in a busy workshop environment.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Required to undertake all levels of maintenance and repairs as well as diagnostics
- Maintaining and repairing vehicles and trailers in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA/DVSA standards
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection
- Diagnosis of vehicles using computer based diagnostic equipment
- Good housekeeping routines to meet health & safety requirements and maintain a safe workplace
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard
- Utilise all personal protective equipment as necessary
- Experience of working on wide range of modern heavy commercial vehicles and trailers is ideal
- Knowledge of electrics and hydraulics would be an advantage
Alternating Shifts, typically
- Shift 1: 06:00 – 14:00 (Mon to Fri)
- Shift 2: 14:00 – 22:00 (Mon to Thurs) + 14:00 to 20:00 (Fri) + 06:00 to 12:00 (Sat)
- Overtime is available outside of these hours if desired/required
• 30 days annual leave, rising to 33 days (inc. Bank Holidays).
• Secure employment with an well-established Company
• Excellent rates of pay with an opportunity for overtime at enhanced rates
• Company pension scheme
• On-going technical training provided.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.