H.W. Martin Waste Ltd are seeking 2 talented, enthusiastic and ambitious Skilled Maintenance/Plant Fitters to join our team
Job Title: Skilled Maintenance/Plant Fitter
Location: There are two positions available. 1 will be based at our Alfreton (DE55) site and 1 at our Sutton in Ashfield (NG17) site.
Hours of work: Full time, 5 days per week with opportunities for regular overtime
Rate of pay: Up to £16.15 per hour dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance
Contract Type: Permanent
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with an annual turnover in excess of £223m in 2022. HW Martin Waste Ltd manages a variety of waste and recyclable materials for households and businesses, right across the UK. We are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
The Martin Group are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two Skilled Maintenance / Plant Fitters to complement our existing team.
A cost effective and efficient recycling facility is vital to our business. Therefore, the smooth running together with increased utilisation of our equipment is vital. A preventative approach to maintenance is required.
This role is based on a five-day week with regular overtime available, so a flexible and proactive approach is required. The ability to manage your own workload is essential.
- Carry out inspections, fault finding and troubleshooting activities around the equipment,
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with relevant health & safety legislation.
- Assist with planned maintenance across the recycling site in a timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, and parts used.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs.
- MIG Welding skills would be advantageous.
- Fault finding and resolving of electrical issues.
- Work effectively as part of the team representing the values and standards of the Company.
- Competitive pay
- 30 days annual leave including Public Holidays
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Entitled to support from our Employee Assistance Program, including perks and discount scheme
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Working as part of a great team culture
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing successful business
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role, please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria or complete our on-line operative application form.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: