Skilled Plant Technician – Days/Afternoons Shift Pattern
“THE BEST PAY FOR THE BEST PEOPLE”
Job title: Plant Technician
Location: Based at Blackwell, Derbyshire (J28, M1) with some off site working required at our other locations.
Hours: 40 hours per week on a 3 week shift pattern as below:
- Day shift x 2 weeks – 06.00 -14.00, Monday to Friday
- Afternoon shift x 1 week – 14.00-22.00, Monday to Thursday and 14.00-20.00 on Friday
- Alternate Saturday morning working as per rota from 06.00 until midday.
Hourly rate: Excellent rates of pay + other benefits + opportunities for overtime
Additional benefits: 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 10 years’ service, plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The Martin Group of Companies (Est. 1976) provide specialist services to the construction and waste recycling industries, with a turnover in excess of £223m in 2022. We are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
With extensive and modern workshop facilities at our head office site, H.W. Martin (Plant) Limited provide maintenance solutions to the Martin Group fleet of nearly 1000 vehicles and plant equipment. In addition we are a DAF parts and service dealership and have a long-standing list of commercial customers. Our reliable and proactive service offered is widely recognised as being industry leading.
Looking for your next opportunity? Then read on, because we are currently looking for a skilled Plant Technician to join our amazing and friendly team to make sure that our mobile and static plant machinery is repaired and back up and running again, as quickly as possible, when maintenance is required. You’ll use the most advanced workshop systems with state-of-the-art technology. If you enjoy taking on responsibility, then we’ll give you the freedom to perform diagnostics and to decide how to carry out maintenance and repairs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for fast and accurate diagnoses and choosing the right repair techniques.
- Working independently to maintain and repair plant equipment and components, either at our workshop in Blackwell or at our other sites when working on static plant equipment.
- Carrying out a range of inspections.
- Providing support and mentoring for apprentices and less experienced technicians.
- Carrying out final checks on work that has been completed.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally you will have a relevant City & Guilds or a NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship or the equivalent level workplace experience.
- First class diagnostic skills and fully conversant with the latest plant repair and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to manage own workload and work to the highest standards.
- Flexible and proactive in approach.
- Full driving licence is required due to our remote location and to be able to travel to other sites.
- Use of a fully equipped service van is provided to attend off site repairs and breakdowns.
- Secure employment working for a long established, successful, expanding Company.
- Good rates of pay with opportunities for overtime at enhanced rates.
- Opportunity to join the Company pension scheme.
- On-going technical training provided.
- Working as part of a great team culture.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV or use our online Operative Application form below and submit your details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: