Continued expansion has generated a fantastic career opportunity for:
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT CARDED FOREMAN (12A/B,C,D) in the following LOCATIONS
Alfreton, Brough, Coventry, Durham/Tyne & Wear, Humberside,
Ingatestone, Peterborough, Sevenoaks Kent, South Brent, Tormarton, Widnes, Winchester.
£ Improved Rates of Pay + other Benefits
As a Traffic Management Carded Foreman, you will work on a range of traffic management solutions in temporary environments for a range of projects on both motorways and high-speed dual carriageways. You must embody, through empowerment, the values at the center of our Safe by Choice safety culture as a workforce leader and mentor. Your insight from the frontline is crucial for the smooth running of our traffic management schemes, ensuring vehicles are guided safely around roadworks in the safest and most efficient way possible with minimal disruption.
You will be responsible for a crew of likeminded individuals, ensuring they carry out their roles safely, and that project objectives are achieved in a timely, high-quality manner that meets the expectations of our clients.
The role requires flexibility due to the nature of the business and may include some night-time and weekend working. If you are highly motivated with a good, responsible attitude to work and the necessary National Highways Sector Scheme qualifications we want to hear from you. We also ask that you have a clean Driving License and are free from drugs and alcohol.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As part of our team, you will:
- Act at the first point of contact for HW Martin (Traffic Management) and work collaboratively with your teammates to maintain high quality work plans.
- Make sure your team respond to and deal with any problems that may arise during day-to-day operations. You will refer more complex issues to the Traffic Safety Control Officer (TSCO) where applicable, or the HW Martin (Traffic Management) Senior Leadership Team.
- Be responsible for making sure work is performed in a safe manner in compliance with all health and safety legislation, method statements, risk assessments and safe systems of work. You will also be accountable for ensuring everyone is wearing the correct, full PPE.
- Be accountable for your safety, and the safety of your colleagues as part of your personal safety commitment under Safe by Choice.
- Be aware of, and proudly carry out, your role as an ambassador representing HW Martin (Traffic Management) and strive to embody its vision of being the traffic management partner of choice, and its values of safe, trusted, agile and progressive service delivery.
- make sure that traffic management schemes are installed in accordance with site-specific traffic management drawings or HW Martin (Traffic Management) generic traffic management drawings.
- Maintain accurate records for installations, maintenance, removals, incidents, accidents, start-of-shift briefings, toolbox talks and any client documentation if required.
- Deliver a regular calendar of engaging toolbox talks to maintain health and safety awareness and champion our just safety culture.
- Complete dynamic risk assessments (as appropriate) and make sure all requirements are in place prior to the commencement of any works (if not already covered by HW Martin (Traffic Management) risk assessments).
- Be responsible on a day-to-day basis for driving company vehicles, as well as the security of Impact Protect Vehicles (IPVs) and non-HGVs such as 3.5 tonne pick-ups, cars and vans.
- Make sure that all traffic management vehicles under your care meet the current specifications. You will check that your team are keeping vehicles clean and tidy in acknowledgement of their role as a customer touchpoint and a place of work. You will ensure all vehicle defect sheets are completed on time (any found defects must be reported).
- You will work in a way that furthers the values and reputation of HW Martin (Traffic Management) with reference to safety, customer care, and high quality service delivery.
- Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extend of the post.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Minimum of two-years traffic management experience
- Working as a team leader or as an individual
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to follow procedures and manage a varied and complex workload
- Courteous, positive and motivated
- Flexible approach to working environment and a supportive team member
- Good problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Knowledge of Chapter 8
- Knowledge of the National Road and Street Works Act 1991
- Knowledge of Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions
- Knowledge of Interim Advice Notes
- National Highways Sector Scheme 12A/B, C, D Foreman Qualification (in date)
- CSCS Card/Lantra Smart Card
- Clean UK Driving License
- Occupational Health Medical (certificate in date)
- Hold a minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing successful business.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.