HW. Martin Waste Limited
Job title: Transport Supervisor
Location: Sandbach, CW11 3PU
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Additional benefits: Discretionary Bonus, 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Company Pension (we pay full 8%), Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
About H. W. Martin Waste Limited
H W Martin Waste Ltd manages a variety of waste and recyclable materials for households and businesses, right across the UK.
We work with organisations of all sizes, including multinational businesses, local authorities, major contractors, and small companies. We deliver a high-quality service, individually designed to meet the requirements of our customers.
This is a dual role of office-based duties and some driving to cover holidays, sickness, and busy periods. You will be expected to deputise for the Transport Manager in his absence, so a degree of flexibility is required.
You will work Tuesday to Saturday each week (day shifts) and in addition to a competitive salary a laptop and phone will be provided to assist you in your duties. The below are duties intended as a guide for the role, but not exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other reasonable duties as part of your remit.
Role and Responsibilities
- Training of new and existing drivers on safety procedures and vehicle operation, delivery of Toolbox talks and risk assessments.
- Report to the Transport manager any defects that require urgent attention and any drivers that are failing to complete paperwork correctly.
- Processing driver associated paperwork checking all paperwork is completed correctly and that the driver defect reports are completed in full, and any reported defects are actioned.
- Periodic vehicle inspections for damage and cab cleanliness and report findings to the Transport manager.
- Driving of a class 2 roll on off vehicle when required
- Maintaining accurate records of driver fuel usage and vehicle mileage records reporting any suspicious activities to the Transport manager
- Carry out accident investigations to ascertain the facts and produce a clear and accurate report to the Transport manager.
- Carry out disciplinary investigations to ascertain the facts and produce a clear and accurate report with recommendations to the Transport manager for consideration.
- Supervising the drivers to ensure they are completing their duties correctly and making sure they are operating in accordance with the companies Health and Safety procedures and reporting any failures to the Transport manager.
- Collating daily site information and producing the workloads for the drivers daily.
- A class 2 HGV licence
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- A desire to show initiative.
- Confident and reliable team player.
- Able to work to deadlines.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice to see how we manage your data, which can be found at: