Job title: Weighbridge Operator
Location: Monument Park, DH2 1ST
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Additional benefits: Company Pension, Free Parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Day shifts to be arranged
About the Martin Group of Companies
Established for over 46 years we have always strived to exceed our client’s expectations.
We have a trained and certificated workforce of over 1,250 who deliver works and support services from design, through to build and onward maintenance for the highways, waste recycling, rail, and engineering industries of the UK. With 15 operations centres from Kent to North Lanarkshire, and from our central head office facility adjacent to M1 jct. 28, Derbyshire, we provide national coverage.
As a weighbridge operator you will serve as the central point of safety communications, security and directing customer activity within the facility. You will be responsible for weighing inbound and outbound delivery vehicles and maintaining accurate records for the site. This is a customer facing role and requires good communication and people skills.
The holder of this role will provide an important function that directly contributes to the daily working and smooth running of the Transfer Station Weighbridge through various operational duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control process of Weighbridge Movement
- Compile waste input records / consumable deliveries, site daily diary and any other weighbridge related records as required by the company or manager
- Direct waste / consumable / residue carriers to follow the designated route to the tipping hall and designated route to exit of site
- Control the number of vehicle movements into site and liaise with customers and peers with regards to traffic management
- Monitor compliance of site rules by customers’ drivers and report any vehicle contravening site rules or breaking speed limits
- Maintain Health, Safety and Security of Site
- Understand and manage risks and hazards associated with Weighbridge
- Report any accidents, incidents to site management immediately and record in weighbridge diary
- Induct and instruct customers, contractors and visitors to site, check their understanding.
- Complete weighbridge inspections identify any defects and fill out check sheets
- Report any weighbridge defects to Management
- Occasional light yard work may be required including load inspector responsibilities.
- The position may require flexible working arrangements as the business need arise.
- The above is a summary of the main tasks and responsibilities of the post, further tasks and responsibilities may be required within the demands of the business.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Basic writing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- IT Skills – Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, email)
- Customer Service Skills
- Dealing with conflict
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be prepared to work additional hours and weekends as required
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience within the metal/waste recycling industry is beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
- Must be trustworthy, reliable, and highly motivated with good people skills essential
- Effective communication, verbal and written
- WAMITAB Certificate Of Technical Competence (COTC) – desirable but not essential (training may be given to the right candidate)
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.