Workshop Service Technician
The King Group of Companies
Job Title: Workshop Service Technician
Location: Market Harborough (LE16)
Rate of Pay: £14.00 – £16.00 per hour dependent on experience + Opportunities for Overtime
Additional Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Free parking, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance.
Contract Type: Permanent
The King Group of Companies has been providing transport equipment solutions for more than 60 years and is now part of the Martin Group of Companies. King’s client base includes blue chip companies in the defence, energy and highways sectors.
King Highway Products are the UK’s industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialist traffic management vehicles ranging from 3.5t to 32t, including Impact Protection Vehicles (IPVs). Partnerships between our in-house design team and leading innovative European manufacturers such as Verdegro and Nissen keep our products at the forefront of the market, while our highly trained team of mobile service engineers provide 24/7 breakdown coverage nationwide.
Due to continued growth, a fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Service Technician to complement our King Highway Products team, working on specialist vehicle mounted equipment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s equipment whilst establishing and maintaining relationships.
- Responsible for the fault-finding, servicing, repairs, and maintenance of a range of vehicle mounted Traffic Management equipment & trailers.
- Completing preventative maintenance and modifications.
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as completion job/service sheets in a timely manner
- Communicate politely and courteously with customers at all levels.
- Keeping up to date with latest industry innovations.
- Work closely with our sales team to highlight additional opportunities for products and services within the designated service territory.
- Liaise with relevant team members to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding damage and recharge to customers.
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
- Occasional travel to other sites to support our field service team.
- Experience in 12/24v electrical systems and basic hydraulic repairs.
- Experience in mechanical repairs
- Competence in the navigation of circuit diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Goods Vehicles desired but not essential.
- Experience in the repair & maintenance of traffic management equipment desired but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
- Experience in a similar role
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion, and ambition to learn and develop.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to liaise with colleagues and customers on a professional level, using good communication/interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please either, submit your CV or complete our online operative application form below stating your salary expectations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.