H.W. Martin Safety Fencing Ltd are seeking a:
Enthusiastic and Committed:
Yard Operative / Driver Class 2
To join our team
Based at Tormarton, Bristol
Competitive Salary + other Benefits
The H. W. Martin Group are committed to building a first-class talented workforce, so that we can offer the very best service to our customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Yard Operative / Driver Class 2 to complement our existing team.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a wide range of duties within the Safety Fencing Depot at Tormarton (Bristol), including Stock Control, Yard duties/maintenance and Collection/deliveries.
The post holder will be required to be physically fit (Safety Critical Medical assessment provided), and to drive a forklift (necessary training provided). The post holder will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for themselves and others, and the security of the yard and the vehicles/equipment within.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working as a motivated part of a team, to ensure the availability and accessibility of materials/plant for site-based operatives.
- To operate plant/machinery in a safe manner and strictly in accordance with Health and Safety Executive and H.W. Martin Safety at Work policies and generic/site specific risk assessments, including reporting any unsafe operations.
- Responsibility for yard security/maintenance and correct usage/care of machinery and equipment.
- Stock Control, including off-loading deliveries, storing, and acknowledging receipt of materials.
- Collections and deliveries as directed
- To suggest improvements and changes which can be made in his/her own area of work.
- Complete all written documentation as required
Experience, Qualifications and Skills required:
- Class 2 driver
- Forklift -rough terrain/telehandler (qualification/experience an advantage but not essential)
- Used to working in an outdoor environment and capable of working in a physically demanding job.
- Understanding of risk assessment and implementing safe working practices.
- Good communication skills – able to communicate both written and verbally in English Language
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Positive attitude towards Health and Safety.
- Strong ‘Team-working’ ethic.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Working as part of a great team culture
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing successful business
H W Martin Safety Fencing Ltd has been providing installation of Safety Barriers throughout the UK over the last three decades.
Our Management team combined with the professionalism of our fitting teams offer an unrivalled service. We as a company recognise the importance of initiative and on-site co-operation to ensure adherence to timetables.
Our purpose-built fleet of Safety Fencing Rigs, Lorry Cranes and Varioguard Safety Framed Trailers ensures that we can service the needs of our clients, large or small.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.