Continued expansion has generated a fantastic career opportunity for:
£ Competitive + other Benefits
As a Traffic Management yard operative you will work at our traffic management yard in Peterborough carrying out a variety of essential duties. Your role is crucial in the successful running of our operations from the Peterborough yard delivering a range of traffic management solutions in temporary environments for a range of projects on both motorways and high-speed dual carriageways.
This is a physically demanding role which includes storage and maintenance of traffic management equipment, loading and unloading of vehicles and vehicle maintenance.
You must be personally responsible for your own, and your teammates’ health and safety, and, through equal empowerment, speak up and take ownership of safety in the yard. Your insight from the frontline is crucial for the smooth, safe and efficient running of our operations.
You will work with a crew of likeminded individuals, ensuring everyone carries out their roles safely, and that project objectives are achieved in a timely, high-quality manner that meets the expectations of our clients.
The role requires flexibility due to the nature of the business and may include some night-time and weekend working. If you are highly motivated with a good, responsible attitude to work, a clean Driving License and you are free from drugs and alcohol, we want to hear from you.
Training will be provided to the successful candidate
Responsibilities and Duties:
As part of our team, you will:
- Work collaboratively with your teammates, and independently as required to carry out day-to-day operations in the traffic management yard
- Be responsible for making sure work is performed in a safe manner in compliance with all health and safety legislation, method statements, risk assessments and safe systems of work in the yard. You will also be accountable for ensuring you and your teammates are wearing the correct, full PPE.
- Be accountable for your safety, and the safety of your colleagues as part of your personal safety commitment under Safe by Choice.
- Be aware of, and proudly carry out, your role as an ambassador representing HW Martin (Traffic Management) and strive to embody its vision of being the traffic management partner of choice, and its values of safe, trusted, agile and progressive service delivery.
- Be responsible on a day-to-day basis for driving company vehicles, as well as the security of Impact Protect Vehicles (IPVs) and non-HGVs such as 3.5 tonne pick-ups, cars and vans.
- Correctly and safely manoeuvre 3.5 tonne, 7.5 tonne, 12 tonne and IPVs
- Safely and correctly load and unload traffic management equipment from vehicles, check and store equipment correctly
- Maintain a clean and safe yard, workshop and storage areas
- Make sure that all traffic management vehicles under your care meet the current specifications. You will check that your team are keeping vehicles clean and tidy in acknowledgement of their role as a customer touchpoint and a place of work. You will ensure all vehicle defect sheets are completed on time (any found defects must be reported).
- You will work in a way that furthers the values and reputation of HW Martin (Traffic Management) with reference to safety, customer care, and high quality service delivery.
- Liaise with service users and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extend of the post.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Good time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and work independently
- Courteous, positive and motivated
- Flexible approach to working environment and a supportive team member
- Good problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Basic awareness of Chapter 8
- Basic knowledge of the National Road and Street Works Act 1991
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Secure employment with a well-established Company
- Opportunity for progression and development within a continuously growing successful business.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the skills to take on this vital role then please submit your CV and covering letter stating how you meet our criteria.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.