Ensuring worker and public safety is of paramount importance to The Martin Group of Companies. That’s why we have implemented our F.O.C.U.S on safety where we strive to ensure that each of our employees gets home safe every day.
We want to ensure all our employees have the awareness and knowledge then need to make safer, more informed choices and make our F.O.C.U.S vision a reality.
The programme encourages staff to make small but highly effective alterations to their day-to-day behaviour. We ask them to:
- Take full responsibility for their own health and safety and look out for their colleagues.
- Defend their right to go home safe every day by challenging unsafe practices and behaviours.
Mental Health & Wellbeing
A key part of our approach to health, safety and wellbeing is to prioritise health in the same way we do safety and treat it with the same level of respect.
To support our people, we promote good mental health practices and procedures; encouraging our employees to talk about how they feel without fear of judgement or reprisal. We seek to educate our staff about mental ill health in order to tackle the associated stigma and champion a culture of positive well-being, empathy and kindness.
We want to promote more mindful habits, and proactively support our people currently experiencing mental ill health.
The initiatives we have in place and are currently developing are:
- We employ a wellbeing coach to provide confidential mental health advice and counselling to our employees
- We partnered with BUPA to provide further wellbeing and mental health services for our people
- We proactively train mental health first aiders to provide support and crisis intervention
- We have a team of empowered mental health champions who promote the message of good mental health for all
- New starter mental health checks with our Occupational Health specialists
- A wellbeing risk assessment is incorporated into our Occupational Health System
- We have a programme of ongoing health screenings for all staff including Safety Critical Medicals