Our ecologists hold the necessary experience and licences to handle and survey for this species. While residing on land for the majority of the year, GCN are reliant on water bodies for breeding. Suitable habitats located up to 500m (250m for temporary works) from water bodies can be utilised by GCN. Our licensed ecologists are able to conduct surveys in England and Wales. The surveys we offer include:
- Habitat Suitability Index (HSI) Surveys
- Pond surveys (Bottle trapping, egg search, torching and netting)
- Terrestrial and refuge search
- Environmental DNA (eDNA) Sampling
- Reporting and advice on mitigation recommendations.
We also regularly act as ECoWs for this species on a range of small and large scale infrastructure projects.