We are looking for a young and enthusiastic candidate to join our commercial team in a Junior/Apprentice Quantity Surveying Role. Initially working on our HS2 Project under guidance and mentorship of the Project and Commercial Manager this is an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding and prosperous career.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they can work well in a team, possess good communication skills and be able to learn new systems and processes quickly. Training and development will be tailored to the needs of the successful applicant with a clear path for career progression.
Reporting to the Project and Commercial Manager, you will have responsibility for:
• Conducting feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
• Presenting detailed valuation information on the cost of elements of work on a periodic basis to enable payment.
• Capturing change and communicating this to the Commercial Manager.
• Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn’t exceeded.
• Upload information onto IT systems (such as Asite and CEMAR).
• Ensuring high standards of customer service are delivered.
• Promoting the business profile and expanding the client base.
• Attending client meetings to provide knowledge and support.
• Reporting of outputs to the client base.
The candidate would ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (Grade A-C) and have experience with Microsoft Office although this is not a mandatory requirement.
To apply, please forward your CV stating your reasons for applying and your current remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 31st August 2019. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any suitably qualified persons.