Our design methodology captures each element of a highways improvement or construction project using 2D and 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM). This allows us to design, configure and examine the optimal temporary traffic management layout for each project within a digital test environment.
Our data-led approach is part of a collaborative design process that seeks to mitigate risk and maximise value for our clients. We use our vast experience designing effective temporary traffic management solutions to sense check the designs before they go live.
Constructing within a digital world provides a birds-eye-view of a project giving us the scope to find opportunities to add value for our clients and customers.
The benefits of this digital technology
- A place to store all key project and asset data in one place in such a way that enables mirroring of real-world application
- Identification of hard and soft clashes in advance of any on-site works
- Insights into the interrelationship between temporary traffic management and permanent works
- Easy exploration and testing of innovative traffic management layouts that could bring about safety, time and cost efficiencies
- Hierarchy of authorisation and checks for 100% compliance with the specification
- 2D extraction via AutoCAD for smarter onsite briefings and the ability to reference the plans in the field
- Uses information assembled collaboratively from several sources to maximise accuracy
Working within the BIM environment reduces capital costs and carbon emissions for a more sustainable design process.